Frequently Asked Questions
OMNISPORT Frequently Asked Questions
All prices quoted are in dollars - is this US dollars? How does that work with my currency?
All prices are quoted in US dollars and will be deducted from your account at the current exchange rate of your local currency.
Will I be watching legal online streams of the sports events I buy?
As the home of live sport on the web, Omnisport.tv has the official right to stream live all the sports and competitions on offer.
Omnisport.tv has acquired these official rights from the Rights Holders and / or some of the leading sports agencies in the world. Please check the individual pages for each competion for more details on these Rights Holders.
Please be aware, geo-restrictions apply to these rights and so please check the restrictions on the purchase page before purchasing
I have paid for a sporting event but cannot get it to play on my computer - what should I do?
If you are experiencing any problems accessing the content provided on the OMNISPORT website we would like to help you find out what is causing the problem.
The service requires to be accessed using Internet Explorer 7.0+. If you are using an Intel core duo set up to dual boot with Windows supporting the above products the service is available.
If you are a Windows user the first thing to do is to confirm what Operating system your computer uses, as this will affect what software you need and how you need to set up your computer.
To check what operating system you have please follow these instructions;
1) Right click on "My Computer" on your desktop
2) Select 'Properties'
3) The box that appears should confirm the system you have as either Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP Service pack 1 or Windows XP Service pack 2, Vista & MAC OS
Recommended Software and Browser Plug-Ins
* Internet Explorer - Please make sure you are using the latest version of Internet Explorer 7, as this will allow the best experience of the Omnisport TV console. Download the latest version of Internet Explorer 7 from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.mspx
* Download the latest version of the Flash plug-in for IE from http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
Plugins Required for Firefox / Opera
Installing the Adobe Shockwave plug-in
To see whether your browser is configured to use the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or not, first open the Windows Control Panel. From the Start menu button, select Settings, then Control Panel to open the Control Panel. You should see the Java Coffee Cup logo icon in the Control Panel.
Double-click the icon to open the Java Control Panel.
In the Java Control Panel, click the Advanced tab.
Under Settings, click on + icon against <Applet> tag support.
Make sure the box next to Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Mozilla is checked.
If it is not checked, click the checkbox to enable the JRE for your Web browser.
If you do not see the coffee cup icon in the Windows Control Panel, you do not have the latest version of the Sun JRE installed on your computer.
To verify for installation please go here http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
* If you have a Firewall (security hardware/software) or any other related security software running on your PC it may affect your access to the site. You should consult the manufacturer's manual or contact them directly regarding the package/hardware configuration.
Improving Stream Quality
* Playing the correct Stream:
The quality of stream largely depends on the connection speed you receive from your Internet Service Provider. We provide stream on two different quality options. Please choose the option that matches your connection. Please do not choose a stream quality higher than your connection. To test your current connection speed http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/
Ensure Player is set correctly:
* Open Media Player and choose the 'Tools' Menu or click the arrow in the top right hand corner to see this option
* Select 'Options'.
* Choose the 'Performance' Tab.
* Ensure 'Detect Connection Speed' is set..
* Ensure 'Use Default Buffering' is set.
* Click 'OK'.
Limitations of broadband:
Please remember that broadband connections are shared by location. This is due to what is known as the "contention ratio". If many people in your area also have the same product then you may be sharing the same connection with them. For these reasons it may be necessary to sometimes attempt to view clips at a lower quality than you would like.
Save bandwidth, other programs and windows you have open will sap bandwidth from the stream
* Close as many other Internet windows or 'peer to peer' programs as possible.
* Close as many applications in your service tray (bottom right corner of screen) as possible to conserve RAM.
Technical Support Help Desk
To check your connection speed try going to www.speedtest.net
If you have registered on the site but your username or password are not accepted, please check the following;
I've forgotten my username and/or password
Click on the 'Contact Us' link below and mark your email subject as 'Site Access - Username/Password Query' option. Please give as many details as possible, such as email address and home postcode and we will try and help.
The password storing mechanism within Internet Explorer can occasionally corrupt passwords, and it is sometimes necessary to clear your stored password and re-enter the information. This can be done as follows:
1. Within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
2. Select the Content tab, and click on the Auto Complete button.
3. Click the Clear Password button, and ok the confirmation.
4. Click OK to exit Internet Options.
5. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.
The changes will take effect the next time you start Internet Explorer
When I access the site, I am repeatedly told to enable Cookies (IE6)
Cookies are small files, stored on your computer and used to authenticate you after you have logged in initially. If you do not permit Cookies from Omnisport TV to be stored on your local computer, you will not be able to gain access to the site.
To enable Cookies in Internet Explorer 6 IE6), you should:
1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. Select the Tools menu and then Internet Options.
3. In the next window select the Privacy tab at the top of the screen.
4. Click on the Default button at the bottom right of this section.
5. Now drag the slider on the left of this section to the bottom - until you see the Accept All Cookies message.
6. Click the OK button at the very bottom of the window to accept your changes.
7. Stop all instances of Internet Explorer to ensure settings are applied properly.
To enable Cookies in Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) -
Open Internet Explorer (one window only) and click on Tools then Internet Options. In the middle of the General Tab in the area relating to Browsing History click on Delete. Then "delete cookies" and "Yes" "delete files". Then "yes". Click on Close and Close again. Now press "Ctrl" and F5 together. Close and restart your browser.
Perform - December 2008